The Edenthorpe Neighbourhood Watch Scheme is run by Scheme Co-ordinator, Sue Tate who may be contacted at 10 Eden Grove Road, Edenthorpe, DN3 2LL. Telephone number – 01302 271857 or 0776 125 3464 (between the hours of 9am and 6pm).
What does Neighbourhood Watch involve?
Neighbourhood Watch members should :
- Know what to do when a crime or another emergency occurs.
- Know their neighbours and be willing to help them.
- Be able to observe the unusual and be willing to report it.
- Take sensible precautions for their own homes and personal security.
Meetings are held at 10 Eden Grove Road, every 3/4 months (we enjoy a cuppa, biscuits and a chat) with up-dates and alerts via Newsletter as appropriate. NEW MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.
Some useful numbers to keep handy:
- Neighbourhood Response Team – 01302 341628
- Doncaster MBC – 01302 736000
- South Yorkshire Police – 999 (emergency) and 101 (non-emergency)
- Crimestoppers – 0800 555 111 (anonymous)
IF YOU ARE GOING CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
…Don’t Make It Easy for thieves! Shops can be very crowded over Christmas, which means with all the pushing and bumping, you may not notice if someone takes something from your bag.
The Police are working hard to track down thieves, but there are steps you can take to protect your belongings and reduce your risk of having your purse, wallet, phone or other valuables stolen:
• Stay alert – awareness is your best defence
• If you’re carrying a bag make sure the clasp is facing inwards, all zips are closed and all pockets closed. If your bag is snatched let it go, your safety is more important than your property
• If you have expensive items on you such as jewellery, a mobile phone, a purse or wallet – keep them out of sight
• Trust your instincts – if you think something is wrong, then act on it
• If you are threatened by a person, scream and shout, set off a personal attack alarm to startle the attacker as this will give you time to escape. Try to make a note of details such as registration plates, clothing, height etc. and then report the incident to the police.