Edenthorpe Community Library was opened on 14th May 2012 in the former Bardon Road Community Centre, bringing to an end the search for a new building to replace the old library in leased premises on Thorne Road closed due to Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council’s programme of savage cuts to the town’s library service. It is situated in Bardon Road which is accessed from Locksley Avenue, which in turn is off Church Balk near to the shops and on the opposite side of the road.
The new library is staffed by a group of volunteers who have generously given their time to ensure that this valuable resource remains available to the residents of Edenthorpe, Kirk Sandall and Barnby Dun. More help is always needed, so if you have some free time and would like to get involved in a worthwhile project to help your local community, please call in at the library and speak to the volunteers who will give you a form to complete.
- Books for children and adults (also an ordering service)
- DVDs (many on free loan)
- Large print books (don’t struggle!)
- PC access to the internet (first hour FREE)
- Photocopying services (including colour)
- Print photos via memory card or USB device
- Coffee mornings every 3rd Saturday in the month
Monday: 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Wednesday: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
Friday: 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Saturday: 10.00 am to 1.00 pm